Friday, March 10, 2017

Pazham Pradhaman

The recipe for this month's MFB challenge.Challenge for this month is "Cooking From Scrap Book".
I have waited a long to prepare this payasam.I have written and kept this for a long time ago.
Now this is one of our fav payasam.When I saw the challenge got really confused what to try....

Now this is the recipe..

























Ingredients:

5 large Plaintains (Nenthrapazham)
6 to 7 pcs of Jaggery
2c Thin coconut milk
1c Thick coconut milk
1tsp Cardamom powder
3tsp Ghee
2tsp Broken Cashewnuts
2c Water

























Method:


1.In a pan melt the jaggery with 1c water.
2.In another vessel cook the bananas along with 1 c water till its soft.
3.Once its soft mash it with a wooden spoon.
4.Now strain and pour the melted jaggery to the mashed bananas.
5.Boil it till it thickens.

























6.Pour the thin coconut milk to this boil till thickens.
7.Add cardamom powder to this and mix well.
8.Now add 1tsp ghee and boil till thickened.
9.Add the thick coconut milk and mix well.
10.Now heat rest of the ghee in a pan and roast the cashewnuts and add to the payasam.

























11.Serve hot.





13 comments:

Asheera said...

Thid sounds intresting...I have tasted many pradamans but not this...

Rafeeda AR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

This looks absolutely delicious

Famidha Ashraf said...

First off, I loved the pics. I suck at taking decent pics of beverages. I can live on plantains but my bad luck it is hardly available where I live. I am going to give this a try when i get some next time InshaAllah

Fajeeda said...

Thank u sooo much..

Fajeeda said...

I was going thru the comments and by mistake removed ur comment....😢😢.....really enjoyed reading ur comment....

Fajeeda said...

I was going thru the comments and by mistake removed ur comment....😢😢.....really enjoyed reading ur comment....

Fajeeda said...

Thank u sooo much..

Nammi said...

very interesting recipe, looks delicious

Shabbu said...

Delicious..tempting to try, but nendrapazham is not available here....InshaAllah will try when I get some next time...

Rafeeda AR said...

Never knew pradhaman was made with pazham as well and I made it a couple of times and there was no turning back. I feel like grabbing one of those glasses and having it all by myself... :)

Fajeeda said...

Thank u sooo much..

Fajeeda said...

Thank u sooo much....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...